Monday, October 12, 2009

 

I DON'T HAVE TIME TO BE SICK!

I thought I was doing the right thing by getting my very first full physical now that I'm 40. All is well. I even left the doctor's office with a little something extra...SWINE FLU! I should have thought otherwise while I sat in the lobby as a healthy person with others wearing masks. I have been fighting it for almost 2 weeks now. Just as I think I'm having a better day, it sneaks up and hits me again.



But the problem is, I don't have time to be sick. How does this fit into my legacy? It doesn't, which is why I need to take care of myself and fight it off so I can continue living. I think that's one of the greatest mistakes we as mom's and women in the workforce make, we don't take time to care for ourselves. Even in my own legacy building plans, there's very little discussion of "me" and that's my own fault. I think we can say the same for men, without question, I'm just focused a little more on women since it's Breast Cancer Awareness month.



SO, this week, besides taking care of myself to get healthy again, I am going to get extra help to do the following (all of which I'll have to hire help for):



* House cleaning

* Carpooling

* Dinner making

* Leaf raking



Once I'm healthy, I'm also going to make a reservation at my spa and get back on a regular gym schedule. If I don't take care of myself, how do I expect to be able to live the life I'm aiming for?



This will all allow me to do the following:



* Pumpkin hunting

* Halloween decorating

* Charity fundraising

* LOTS of snuggling

* Networking with colleagues and friends



How do we do it?

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]